Thursday, September 20, 2007

Leaving for Nepal

I have about a week left before I leave to go to Nepal for the next two months.
As many of you know I am headed there to produce a documentary about Children Soldiers who have fought in the recent Maoist insurgency against the government.

I am really starting to get excited about starting work on this project in earnest. We have a great team in place in both Nepal and in the US. The subject is compelling, topical, and no one is covering this subject matter in a comprehensive manner, not to mention that we are shooting in full HD, which is a big advantage for us.

I will be in the U.S. until next Friday, after that, I will only have periodic dial-up email in Kathmandu.

I will be living in an apartment in Kathmandu for most of my time in Nepal. I will be traveling to several other locations in the country, including Mt. Everest, Surkhet, Chitwan, Sindhuli, Dhading, and Kailali to conduct interviews.

For those of you in NE PA, there is an article coming out in tomorrow’s Wayne Independent about the project and some of the work that I will be involved in for the next two months. If you get a chance, pick up a copy.

2 comments:

Travel Nepal, we support ! said...

Dear sir
i am very much interested doing such things because as you know there are lots of childrens victims by the maiosts civil war and still they are not literatte and have no base !
so i also want to get joined on you
Me also from the Far western nepal and now a student studying in kathmandu.
Hope you will write me
'mrosyara@gmail.com'

madhav
kathmandu

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.