Thursday, September 20, 2007

Good Work on the websites

The 2 websites look great.

I've finally finished my own project (a documentary for the station) so now I have time to do some of the other stuff (hey, I didn't take a job at PBS because I wanted to work myself to death!!!).

Firstly I will be going to the Foundation Center to see if there is any money available in the form of grants. Since you'll already be shooting in Nepal it makes no sense to apply for a grant at this point. Better to wait until you have 5 minutes to show people. It makes the whole thing a little more concrete.

SoI'll be collecting grant applications and preparing for when you return.

The other thing is to contact some of the networks. I'm already familiar with some of the PBS shows like POV and Wide Angle. Bob has also found a list of HD channels that will probably be looking for content.

So there will essentially be 2 choices - sell the show to an HD network. Or get grants to finish it up and sell/give it to a PBS station or show.

This is a good time to shoot HD. There's not a lot of content out there so it gives us an edge.


Gordon

No comments: